5-6 cups white rice, cooked
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup chopped yellow onion
3 tbs of vegetable oil (to cook peppers and onions)
½ tbs onion powder
2/3 Hillshire smoked sausage, chopped (see note)
5 strips of bacon, sliced
1 pack of John Morrell Mini Cubed Ham
2 tbs vegetable oil (for sausage and ham)
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce (see note)
Sesame seeds, to garnish
Sliced green onions, to garnish
A pinch of salt and pepper (for veggies)
- In a large pot or pan add 3 tbs vegetable oil and place over medium high heat. Add in peppers, onions, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until browned and translucent. Remove from pot and set aside when done.
- In the same pot, add in 2 tbs vegetable oil, sausage, and ham. Cook for 12-13 minutes or until brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add bacon to pot and cook until crispy (9-11 mins). Remove from pot to paper towel lined bowl and set aside. Reserve bacon grease in pot to fry rice.
- In a nonstick pan, add in beaten eggs and place over medium high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until fluffy (see note). Remove and set aside.
- Add white rice into pot and fry in bacon grease for 8-10 minutes. Add in soy sauce and mix until rice is completely brown.
- Add sausage, ham, and bacon to rice. Mix well.
- Add in peppers, onions, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add to a serving bowl or dish. Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Use 2/3 of the Hillshire sausage link. There should be a 1/3 of the link left over.
- Use enough soy sauce to be able to change the color of the rice and fully coat it. Amount of soy sauce may vary depending on how moist/dry your rice is.
- To prevent rice from being overly salty, use Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce or any low sodium soy sauce.
- Do not overcook eggs. Continuously stir them to prevent them from sticking and use a nonstick pan. Eggs should be fluffy and yellow in color.