To cook broccoli:
4-5 medium heads of broccoli, washed and chopped
2 cups water ¼ cup butter
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 block medium cheddar, cubed
1 block original Velveeta, cubed
½ bag of sharp cheddar
½ bag of mozzarella
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
¼ tsp celery salt
1 ½ cup chicken broth
Remainder of casserole:
2 ½ cups white rice, cooked
1 cup milk
½ cup chicken broth
1 1/3 sleeves of original Ritz Crackers
½ bag sharp cheddar cheese
½ bag mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a casserole dish and set aside.
- In a pot, add broccoli, 2 cups water, ¼ cup butter, ½ tsp onion powder, and ½ tsp garlic powder. Place over medium high heat. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Remove when done.
- In a pot, add ¼ cup butter and onions over medium high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in 1 ½ cups chicken broth, 1 cup milk, cheddar cheese, and Velveeta. Stir continuously until melted.
- Add in ½ bag mozzarella and ½ bag sharp cheddar. Continue to stir as cheese melts.
- Once all of cheese has melted, add in 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, and ¼ tsp celery salt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, cheese sauce, cooked rice, 1 cup milk and ½ cup chicken broth. Mix until combined and pour into buttered dish. Crack up crackers and place on top of casserole. Top with remainder of sharp cheddar and mozzarella.
- Place casserole into preheated oven and cook for 45 mins-1 hour or until browned and bubbly. Remove when done and let sit for 7-10 mins.