**NOTE: I have a BIG family! When I say BIG I mean cousins, sisters, nephews, etc., all within 10 minutes of each other! So, for me these muffins went crazy fast! This recipe creates 2 dozen muffins which is perfect for me; however, if you don’t need that many muffins simply half the recipe to make 12 delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins!**
1 ½ cups chocolate chips (mini)
3 cups AP Flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners and place to the side.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix together sugar and oil. Add in sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Be sure all wet ingredients are combined well.
- Mix wet ingredients into sifted dry ingredients, bit by bit without over stirring, alternating with buttermilk. (Add wet, mix, add buttermilk, mix, add wet, mix, add buttermilk, mix, and so on – until all wet ingredients and buttermilk are used).
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, place batter into cupcake liners and top with additional chocolate chips. Bake for 26-29 minutes or until done. (To be sure muffins are done, stick a toothpick in center of muffin – if it comes out clean they’re done!)
- Remove from oven and let sit in pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and continue to let cool.
- Serve and enjoy! (The BEST with a nice glass of milk!)
- If you’re going to half the recipe, watch the salt! This is a baking recipe, so you don’t want this to be bland. Make sure to add at least 1/2 tsp of salt.
- When cutting the recipe down by half, be sure to add at least 1 cup of chocolate chips!