- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3-4 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of bacon grease (reserved from cooking bacon)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Add vegetable oil and bacon to a pan over medium high heat and cook for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. Remove and chop bacon. Set aside.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Slowly add eggs into boiling water using a spoon. Drop eggs in easily and carefully to prevent cracking.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook eggs for 13 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with ice and water.
- Remove eggs from water when done and place them into ice water for five minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, break egg yolks apart until they resemble a crumbly texture.
- Mix together Dijon mustard, honey, and sour cream. Add mixture to egg yolks.
- Add in bacon grease, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, add egg mixture to boiled eggs. Top filled eggs with chopped bacon.
- Garnish with chives and enjoy!
- Use a cooking spoon or tongues to add eggs into water. Slowly and carefully add them to prevent any cracking!
- Adjust flavorings to your liking. Add more honey, mustard, etc if you desire!
- Feel free to double recipe, trust me these will go FAST!!