Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
1 cup of diced yellow onion
1 cup green bell pepper, diced
The Philly Steak, 1 box (about 1 lb.)
½ tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs Montreal Steak Marinade mix
1 tbs onion powder
1-2 tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp of water
White American Cheese, (about 5 packs for 10 egg rolls)
Egg roll wrappers
1/3 cup ketchup
5 tsp hot sauce
½ tsp onion powder
- In a bowl, add ketchup, hot sauce, and ½ tsp onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large pan, add Philly steak, vegetable oil, green bell peppers, and onions. Place over medium-high heat. Cook for 11-13 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary and place back over heat. (There should be no excess liquid in pan before Step 2).
- Add in ½ tsp creole seasoning, 1 tbs garlic powder, 1 tbs steak marinade mix, and 1 tbs onion powder. Cook for an additional 8-9 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and meat is browned and slightly crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add 1 egg and 1 tsp of water. Beat egg and water together until mixed well and set aside.
- Grab a plate to begin forming your egg rolls. To begin, place an egg roll wrapper on the plate. Add ½ slice of white American cheese. Add in about 2 spoon fulls of cheesesteak mixture. Wet all four ends of the egg roll wrapper with the egg mixture (using a kitchen brush or your finger).
- Fold the right end of the egg roll to the left side, and fold the left side of the egg roll over to the right side. This should be done diagonally. (see notes) Once both sides are folded over, grab the bottom end of the egg roll to the middle section (where the right and left sides connect) and seal with the egg mixture. Roll over completely and seal last end off egg roll with egg mixture. (make sure all edges of egg roll are sealed with egg mixture to prevent the egg rolls from falling apart!)
- In a pan add in vegetable oil. Place over medium high heat to begin heating. Test oil using a wooden spoon or flour (Should be between 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit). Once oil is ready place egg rolls in oil and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh parsley.
- Dunk in spicy ketchup & enjoy!
- For help on egg roll wrapping, follow my Instagram account @lisasfoodaddiction to see how I wrap my egg rolls!