Sweet Onion BBQ Sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ tablespoons of yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 4-6 drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Couple dashes of Texas Pete hot sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- In a pot, add onion and vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to low. Add ketchup and stir.
- Add chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, white sugar, and molasses. Mix until everything is dissolved.
- Mix in hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Set aside to cool for about ten minutes.
- Store and enjoy!
- **Make when ready to use. This BBQ sauce is homemade and will spoil quicker than a store-bought version.**
- Watch onions, they will burn quickly. Reduce heat if needed.
- Be careful with salt, I didn’t use any.
- Add as much or as less sugar depending on how you like your sauce (I like mines on the sweet side!)
- Worcestershire sauce can be very pungent. Be mindful when adding.