Spinach Artichoke Dip for the win, anyone? The PERFECT appetizer for a crowd and it’s sure to please! This dip has that restaurant taste that we all know and love & man is this pan of deliciousness easy to make!
It comes together so quickly guys, to make an easy game day appetizer. So creamy, so cheesy, I mean somebody stop me! It all starts off with easy to prep ingredients. Frozen spinach, that’s right! And, canned artichokes. Drain and chop & you’re on a roll!
This recipe also features cream cheese and a very special ingredient – sour cream! Y’all, the sour cream works wonders in this dip. I mean seriously this is the ingredient that gives it that restaurant taste, you know that familiar taste that just makes you go “mmmmmmmm.”
Spinach Artichoke Dip that’s seasoned to perfection and topped with three (not one, but three!) types of cheeses; Italian, Mozzarella, and a little bit of Parmesan. I served this scrum-didly-umptious-ness with tortilla chips, but this Spinach Artichoke Dip also pairs well with garlic knots, mini toasted baguettes, or veggies! It’s a good time y’all – someone grab the wings and the sliders its time to get this party started!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 tbs vegetable oil
½ cup mayonnaise
Two 10 oz boxes of frozen spinach, drained
1 can of artichokes, drained and chopped
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz sour cream
Two 8 oz bars of cream cheese
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs onion powder
1 bag of Shredded Italian Cheese
1 bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan add oil over medium high heat. add in onions and cook for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Add to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in drained spinach, chopped artichokes, and cooked onions. Mix. Add in cream cheese and mix until combined.
- Once cream cheese is mixed in well, add in sour cream and mayonnaise. Combine all ingredients. Add in Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Add in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Add in 2/3 of the bag of Italian Cheese and 2/3 of the bag of mozzarella. Combine all ingredients.
- Add mixture to a greased pan. Top with remainder of both cheeses and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes & serve!